Thomson Reuters is on FGB’s Best Companies for Women of 2020.
FGB'ers gave this company a 4.2/5 in overall job satisfaction
FGB’ers working at Thomson Reuters rated their manager’s support a 4.6/5
Thomson Reuters offers flexibility
Thomson Reuters offers parental leave
Thomson Reuters offers tuition reimbursement
Technical Consultant / Legal Services US / Technical & Cloud Services
Technical Consultants are responsible for the strategy, design, installation, and implementation of our software for our customers using our 3E and MatterSphere products. Candidates should possess knowledge of TRE product suite, client server architecture, databases and associated technologies and can troubleshoot both configuration and performance issues in those areas. They will have the ability to understand a customer’s business requirements and IT strategy and advise the customer with the most compelling solution available within the 3E software architecture. The Technical Consultant will also contribute to the general strategy for implementing our products efficiently by working with the global teams on process and documentation. Technical Consultants will work closely with the TRE Project Manager, Technical Services Manager as well as internal project teams. The Technical Consultant is ultimately responsible for implementing the overall design of technical architecture required for the Elite implementation.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Technical Consultant, you will:
· Direct the resolution of complex or unusual customer requirements
· Participation in both client facing and internal projects
· Work under tight schedules and under pressure
· Work on multiple tasks within same time frame
· Work well across departments and skill levels
· Work occasional weekends and holiday assignments
· Participation in both client facing and internal projects
You’re a fit for the role of a Technical Consultant if your background includes:
· 3+ years of experience working with Azure Cloud
· 5+ years of experience with SQL Server Database Administration
· 5+ years of experience with Windows Server
· 5+ years of experience of active directory, or equivalent technologies
· 5+ years of experience of performance testing and troubleshooting in Windows client/server environments as well as Azure Cloud
· Can consistently and successfully demonstrate, (with minimal supervision):
o Clear communication capabilities on projects, including project documentation
o Adherence to Project methodology within projects, including exercising sound project planning and monitoring skills.
o Comprehensive analytical skills and ability to formulate client-specific solutions
o A solid understanding of client/server infrastructure
o Positive track record for customer satisfaction
o Strong team player capabilities, i.e., willing to assist others when appropriate and without being asked
o Desire for self-improvement i.e., taking advantage of CE classes, self-study on own initiative
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your
personal and professional growth through:
· COVID-19 Response: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 a majority of our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines, with the majority of our offices planning to embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work in 2022.
· Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
· Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: work form anywhere (in country); caregiver paid time off, bereavement leave; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
· Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
· Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
· Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Backup child care
Unconscious bias training
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Our products include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news service – Reuters.