Come and join the Risk & Compliance team as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly digital company. With the transformation, come new and emerging risks and compliance requirements. We are looking for a curious, collaborative, and driven compliance professional who can work across the organization to help us mature our compliance program alongside our business transformation and growth.
About the Role
As Vice President, Compliance Assurance, your key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Development and oversight of a compliance assurance function that supports TR’s Growth ambitions, with specific focus on implementing robust compliance assurance practices that will meet with increasing regulatory, customer and third-party compliance requirements. This will include, but not be limited to: SOX Assurance, Quality Assurance (over transactions), KYX, ESG etc.
- Leading the customer credentialing and compliance operations teams to ensure that access to and use of our Risk & Fraud products is compliant with our customer, third party and internal requirements
- Policy development, oversight and governance, including managing dispensations and breaches
- Working closely with Compliance Assurance stakeholders including General Counsel’s Office, Go-to-market segments, Operations & Technology, Product and Internal Audit to develop TR’s future of compliance vision that meets the needs of our customers, regulators and other key stakeholders
- Driving cultural awareness and training programs to help inform and embed a compliance culture within our sales and enabling functions
- Designing and implementing appropriate governance, reporting and MI to be used by senior management and the Board to inform of our compliance posture, risks, issues and mitigation strategies
- Managing requirements for various attestation programs and audits across the Enterprise i.e. SOX, Internal Audits, Compliance Audits, etc.
- Working closely with General Counsel's Office to support contracting, subpoenas and litigation as needed
- Developing a technology strategy to support the compliance assurance function to enable more efficient, effective and accurate assurance activities
- Staying up to date with industry changes with regards to compliance requirements and best practice
The successful candidates will be based either in Minneapolis, USA or Toronto, Canada and will be expected to work in a hybrid environment (3 days a week in office).
You’re a fit for the role of VP, Compliance Assurance if you have:
- 15+ years’ experience of working with/in large scale organizations to advise on, design and implement compliance and assurance frameworks, including adhering to customer, contractual and regulatory requirements across a broad business base
- Experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders to identify compliance requirements and ensure that these are built into operational processes
- Experience of designing and implementing tooling and automation to support risk and compliance processes to enable efficiency and accuracy
- Experience working in legal, compliance or audit roles in a complex, multi-jurisdictional environment, with focus on not only advising, but also operationalizing compliance requirements for the business
- Proven ability to take initiative and influence within a matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships while motivating and inspiring the compliance assurance team, various stakeholders and others in the company that may contribute to the vision and strategy
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology
- Proven ability to coach and develop teams on compliance best practices, including cross-functional collaboration
- College degree preferred
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working environment for our office-based roles while delivering a seamless experience that is digitally and physically connected.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: flexible vacation, two company-wide Mental Health Days Off; work from another location for up to a total of 8 weeks in a year, 4 of those weeks can be out of the country and the remaining in the country, Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.