ganization uses four principles that guide our strategic and tactical operations. First, we champion trust and transparency, leading the charge in organizational transparency and execution of security and privacy capabilities that drive customer trust. Second, we are a business catalyst and enabler, embodying the DNA of technical innovation. Third, We drive risk informed and empowered decision making, giving our business leaders the information needed to make key decisions. Finally, we proactively identify and reduce risk while enabling innovative product development - to consistently build sustainable world-class security capabilities.
The Vulnerability Management Analyst is responsible for assisting the senior analyst in day to day activities. They will regularly be called on to log and track discovered vulnerabilities, perform continuous monitoring, manage the lifecycle of discovered vulnerabilities, provide reports, and other tasks as the business needs require. Analysts should have a basic understanding of vulnerability management tools and reports. They are expected to stay up-to-date with current advancements in cybersecurity developments and technologies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and maintenance of vulnerability management services, including vulnerability scanning, vulnerability assessments, and tracking support for vulnerability remediation
- Log and track discovered vulnerabilities
- Prioritize remediation tasks based on risk level, assign them to the relevant system owner, and monitor progress until completion
- Apply root cause analysis to identify and assess problems and key drivers of success. Draw potential conclusions from complex data sets
- Generate ad hoc metrics and reports as requested, providing insight into the vulnerability management program's effectiveness.
- Stay aware of current business and industry trends relevant to the business and cybersecurity
- Conduct vulnerability scans as directed by management
- Coordinate with customers regarding scanning schedule and scope review
- Develop and document processes and procedures for team members to use and to enhance efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree or industry equivalent work experience in vulnerability management in a security program
- Basic understanding of vulnerability management processes and lifecycle
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis against vulnerabilities and determine feasible technical solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and analytically
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives
- Experience with data visualization and reporting (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
- Detail oriented, organized, follow up skills with an analytical thought process
- Security+, GSEC, or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with vulnerability management tools (e.g. Qualys, Nexpose, etc.)
- Familiarity with using one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, Java, etc.)
- Foundational knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools (Splunk, Tableau, etc.)
- Willingness and eagerness to learn outside of one's comfort zone
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.