TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us:
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the GLC Team:
Our Global Legal Compliance team provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global markets. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright, and capable legal/compliance professionals to join us.
We are looking for a Compliance Counsel to be based in Singapore to join our Global Legal Compliance team. We are seeking an experienced compliance attorney with direct experience in anti-corruption/anti-bribery, third party risk management, diligence best practices, investigations, M&A diligence, and data driven compliance solutions. The ideal candidate is willing to work in a fast-paced, global environment with cross-functional teams in different time zones, and enjoys the challenges and opportunities of novel issues across a variety of jurisdictions.
Some key day-to-day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as key subject matter expert in areas of anti-corruption/anti-bribery, trade compliance, and anti-money laundering globally, including M&A diligence expertise. Lead key compliance projects in these areas.
- Provide legal counsel on requests from internal stakeholders on aforementioned global compliance topics.
- Manage, enhance and implement compliance policies and procedures.
- Conduct compliance investigations jointly, or independently where necessary, including evidence collection, data analysis, and witness interviews.
- Develop an enhanced Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program, as well as assist with compliance due diligence in mergers & acquisitions.
- Develop strategic approach to compliance training and company-wide communications regarding compliance.
- Conduct training and implement communications plans to increase compliance awareness.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple business verticals, including Procurement, Internal Audit, Global Payments, Product, Ethics Office and regional Legal teams, to drive compliance initiatives and address legal compliance risks related to business initiatives and product launches.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives as needed.
- Develop and integrate deep knowledge of company products and business units in order to prioritize and conduct risk assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree and a masters/JD degree in a common law jurisdiction from an accredited university is required.
- Qualified to practice law in the U.S., the U.K., Singapore, or other common law jurisdiction.
- 5+ years of legal compliance experience with a preferred combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Possess the highest standard of ethics and a positive attitude in learning and willing to pick up new knowledge and skills.
- Able to work well independently and in team environments.
- A confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, yet with creative mind, and demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgment and partner with the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to travel and work in different time zones.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.