TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The Global Security Organization provides industry-leading cyber-security and business protection services to TikTok globally. Our organization employs four principles that guide our strategic and tactical operations. Firstly, we Champion Transparency & Trust by leading the charge in organizational transparency, prioritizing customer trust, and placing user needs first. Secondly, we aim to maintain Best in Class Global Security by proactively identifying and reducing risks while enabling innovative product development. We constantly work towards a sustainable world-class security capability. Thirdly, we strive to be a Business Catalyst & Enabler by embodying the DNA of technical innovation and ensuring our Global Security operations are fast and agile. Finally, we Drive Empowered & Risk-Informed Decision Making by providing our leaders with the necessary information to make agile decisions based on risk. In order to enhance collaboration and cross-functional partnerships, our organization follows a hybrid work schedule that requires employees to work in the office for 2 to 3 days a week, as directed by their manager. We regularly review our hybrid work model, and the specific requirements may change at any time.
As a Cyber Intel Fusion Specialist, you will be a member of TikTok’s enterprise Threat Detection and Response (TDR) team. You will belong to a team of strong people, processes, and technologies with the overarching goal of detecting and responding to threats in the several geographic environments monitored by TikTok's Global Cyber Fusion Centers. The Cyber Intel Fusion Specialist will leverage Cyber Threat Intelligence to improve the program's ability to detect and respond to emerging threats.
The TDR team is responsible for 24x7 monitoring of multiple security-related information sources to manage incidents related to cyber, privacy, and data protection for TikTok data, infrastructure, and products. The team regularly surveys TikTok networks for signs of a breach, malware, or unauthorized access. Additionally, the team is responsible for developing and maintaining incident response plans, playbooks and procedures. Finally, the team is responsible for data collection and analysis of Incident Response data. The Cyber Intel Fusion Specialist will have a broad range of responsibilities and stakeholders, and as such is expected to be comfortable in a fluid environment and willing to take on additional responsibilities as required; they are expected to be proactive in forming the necessary internal relationships and system knowledge to operate independently in successfully implementing technical solutions.
- Liaison with relevant teams across the organization (including Intelligence Teams, Red Teams, Security Engineering, Security Operations Tooling and others) to improve the program's ability to detect and respond to emerging threats
- Maintain a knowledge base of TTPs (tactics, techniques and procedures)
- Utilize frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK to perform heat-mapping exercises
- Support the TDR program in proposing, prioritizing, analyzing, tuning, and developing detections and automation
- Work with Red Teams to capture, prioritize and action findings from Red Teams operations
- Assess, verify and action findings by external security researchers
- Work with Intel Teams to extract relevant intelligence from darkweb and illicit communities in support of the TDR team during incident response
- Engage with Security Engineering teams to test, validate and improve tool functionality in support of TDR program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree or industry equivalent work experience in CyberSecurity with a focus on security analytics and incident response
- At least 5-7 years of directly related experience in computer security incident handling
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience with identifying and responding to advanced threats and threat actor TTPs
- Excellent fundamental knowledge of industry-standard frameworks (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK)
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills
- Ability to operate independently in successfully implementing technical solutions
- Work well under pressure and within constraints to solve problems and meet objectives
- Ability to work well in an ambiguous environment
- GCIA, GCIH, GREM or applicable experience in the Information Security field
- One or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Java, Python, etc.)
- SQL - Experience writing and executing SQL queries
- Experience in performing or overseeing static / dynamic malware analysis
- Experience in performing digital forensics for incident response
- Strong Operating System Administration skills including conceptual knowledge of OS internals and experience with core service types
- Strong experience in Windows and Mac environments
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.