TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us:
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team:
Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for the Data Privacy and Data Protection matters involving TikTok.
- Primarily support product launches and feature releases for the companies entire product portfolio across the APAC and Emerging Markets region.
- Also provide data privacy legal support to the wider legal, policy, product, and other teams as necessary to accomplish business needs (i.e. company policies, product rollout, regulatory change management, et cetera) in the region.
- Monitor privacy across markets to determine trends and issues for the company to address.
- Coordinate internal communication, projects, and training amongst different teams (legal, data security, information security, product, business development, monetization, and regional teams).
- Identify areas of common concern, redundancies in operation, and inefficiencies in order develop standards and polices to improve workflow in the region.
- Plan any other required activities so international and regional legal teams can meet their objectives and provide actionable deliverables to the company at large.
- Merge solutions across key jurisdictions and their legal requirements with a focus on APAC and Emerging Markets but should have foundational knowledge of other global laws (i.e. PDPA, GDPR, CCPA, et cetera).
- Qualified to practice law and in good standing in Singapore, US, UK, or other common law jurisdiction.
- 8 or more years' of post qualifications experience, at least 3 years in managing privacy legal and regulatory matters; internationally recognized data privacy certifications or courses would be advantageous.
- Experience should include leading data privacy efforts globally/regionally for a major multinational corporation or advising agency on data privacy issues.
- Experience, and more importantly personal interest, in technology, social network, internet, and all things digital is ideal.
- Experience with analyzing products to determine their compliance with applicable data protection regulations and principles.
- Detail oriented that can coordinate across multiple teams/countries.
- Strong sense of problem solving and proactive work ethic.
- Determination to face tough challenges in a fast-paced environment while keeping a sense of humor.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.