E-commerce's Governance and Experience (GNE) is a global team responsible for ensuring our marketplace is safe and trustworthy for not only our users, but also sellers and creators. We value user satisfaction and work on policies, rules and systems to ensure quality. Service and Experience Team (SET) is part of the GNE organization. Our mission is to provide world-class service and experience for customers, sellers and creators. SET is looking for a Team Supervisor role to manage the Tier 2 team daily operations. The Team Supervisor as the people manager of the Tier2 members will be responsible for people and performance management, ensure customer satisfaction through the management and development of Tier 2 staff. Key responsibilities of this role include enhancing agent technical expertise and delivery of timely customer care, proactively identifying trends impacting customers and clients, and driving business improvements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the team on day-to-day basis and provide the first hand support to team internal escalations.
- Work with internal Quality Monitoring and Training teams to train new hires / teams through intensive coaching and mentoring. Ensure the team is fully trained and prepared to conduct the responsibilities of their role. Proactively identify and resolve issues impacting customers/sellers/creators by working with team, peers, and management.
- Implement policies and processes to ensure a positive, productive work environment, build team morale, and recognize employee achievements.
- Contribute to special projects, that enhance the business, including projects involving root-cause analysis of weak performance metrics, service readiness projects, and tools projects as assigned or requested by management.
- Actively manage direct reports, including establishing OKR goals for teams, providing feedback, coaching them to improve service quality, increase productivity and to achieve customer satisfaction. Monitor OKR progress against established milestones.
- Conduct trend analyses on customer satisfaction and other core measurements. Implement strategies to improve future operation results.
- Manage and monitor staff and team level utilization rates, team productivity, and schedule adherence (manage absenteeism and timecard issues) to make sure the final productivity goals are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by attending cross-team / cross-site meetings and responding to client feedback.
- Work with the Readiness, SOP, QA, Training and System teams to optimize new and existing processes impacting customers/sellers/creators.
- Maintain the weekly/monthly/bi-monthly reviews with teams and internal stakeholders.
- Work with Recruiting / Staffing teams to identify, interview, and recruit top talents for all tier 2 openings.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years managing teams and 5+ direct reports in Customer Service field.
- Experience building, managing and influencing relationships with internal stakeholders, using data to generate insights and solving complex problems.
- People-oriented, self-motivated and able to thrive in ambiguity and in a matrix environment.
- Ability to function independently and within team environment with demonstrated track record in motivating and coaching staff to maximize their individual potential.
- Experience in eCommerce or marketplace platform is a plus.
- Bilingual or multilingual is highly preferred but not required.