TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
The eCommerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated. TikTok Commerce re-imagines global eCommerce with rich content and endless joy
We are looking for a highly-motivated PMO to join our TikTok Commerce Product team to support that growth and help us empower creators, connect people, and explore possibilities by building the next-generation Commerce platform together.
As a PMO, you will be challenged to undertake complicated and multi-disciplinary product projects driving the team to enhance the product iteration and bring order to ambiguity. You will be responsible for strategic cross-functional product planning, prioritization, execution and communication with key stakeholders. Meanwhile, you will learn and grow in a fast paced environment alongside talented teammates on TikTok Commerce team.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced program management professional with a strong technical foundation and a goal to improving overall velocity. Also, you have had a deep experience in Product Development Project Management field before. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are self-motivated, organized, insightful and productive. Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
What You'll Do
• Define strategy, roadmap, and drive execution for TikTok Commerce technical initiatives and key projects.
• Work with cross-functional teams to translate the strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes with a clear timeline by exercising technical judgment.
• Build effective and transparent communication channels to align and partner with internal as well as external stakeholders and delivery team.
• Work with cross-functional teams to continuously improve engineering efficiency and velocity.
• Support with scheduling and planning of off-sites, meetings and travel planning for a business leader
• 3+ years of experience in project management with a technical background or product-forward role (Product Manager or Program Manager).
• Solid technical background and the ability to quickly understand technical designs, challenges and risks.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with strong leadership, who can develop and lead a new initiative from the ground up; thrive in ambiguity.
• Excellent cross-functional stakeholder management, trust building, and verbal/written communication skills are essential.
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
• Experience in e-commerce/ads/monetization/social media ideally with a large organic user base.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.