TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
We are seeking a leader to join our ecommerce legal team and support our rapidly growing ecommerce business. The ecommerce legal team supports diverse, cross functional, and multi-jurisdictional initiatives across the TikTok ecommerce business in the UK and Europe.
- Serve as the lead eCommerce attorney globally.
- Lead, manage, and continue to build out a growing team of eCommerce legal professionals within Global Legal.
- Provide strategic legal counseling for eCommerce matters with a focus on consumer protection, business-to-business, and business-to-consumer engagement, advertising, influencer marketing, and intellectual property.
- Support the business in understanding and complying with legal and regulatory requirements when launching new products, features, and initiatives globally.
- Partner closely with local and international stakeholders in legal, privacy, and public policy, to deliver projects against short timeframes, setting appropriate priorities and managing legal risk.
- Develop internal policies and processes to increase the legal practice's efficacy and efficiency.
- Provide strategic legal guidance to executives and business clients on key growth initiatives.
- Work closely with company leaders in other disciplines, including compliance, public policy, communications, HR, and other global, regional, and subject matter legal teams.
- Leading and creating a Global E-commerce Strategy
- Creating synergies with E-commerce business and Global Legal SMEs
- Provide key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market.
- Help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support.
- Manage a team that provides exceptional legal support for Tiktok's eCommerce business.
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) with membership in good standing in a US State Bar
- 15 plus years of legal experience; preferably with substantial in-house experience at a company that provides an eCommerce platform
- Deep understanding of eCommerce business models
- Deep familiarity with data privacy law
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent)
- Expertise in privacy, intellectual property, and other legal domains germane to counseling the development of a complex and regulated social media and entertainment platform.
- Expertise in advising on digital platforms, in particular e-commerce platforms and online marketplaces. Understand how the law is developing to regulate them, and have the versatility to advise across a broad range of commercial workstreams.
- Extensive experience in leadership roles, including as a team builder who can successfully manage teams and employees at all levels.
- A passion for creating a modern legal organization that combines people, process, and technology for maximum scale.
- The ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, including the C suite.
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation, presentation, and communication skills in a cross-functional and global role.
- Exceptional initiative and proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a hyper fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to handle multiple simultaneous high-impact projects and function well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional legal writing skills and the ability to craft persuasive and concise briefs
- Industry expertise is critical, compliance is not sufficient. Business teams have to work harder to provide evidence that competitors like Amazon are doing it, and then it results in too much back and forth.
- Governance is important, and after-sales service, and customer service for crises is critical.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.