ed heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
As the Global Head of Safety Support in Trust & Safety, you will lead a high performing team that delivers a world class TikTok user experience while keeping the platform safe. This highly visible and influential role will collaborate extensively with leadership, business stakeholders, internal operations and cross functional teams. You will demonstrate a strong executive presence in representing the organization and effortlessly navigate from strategic to tactical issues.
This role must be based in either Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Lead the Global Safety Support (GSS) team by ensuring strategic alignment with the organization's goals. Define and execute strategy to maximize impact across all hubs.
- Work with senior leadership and internal peer groups on continuous improvement projects targeted at improving safety, user experience, and operational excellence.
- Manage a team of community operations specialists, policy & quality teams, program managers, and user insight managers to deliver team's objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Provide coaching and mentorship to guide career development. Lead team capacity, forecasting, and resource allocation while accurately evaluating performance of team members and providing direct and actionable feedback.
- Tightly coordinate and mobilize resources to respond to crises across global cross-functional teams including Public Policy, Legal, Product and Engineering, among others.
- Identify user needs and partner with product and strategy teams, bringing insights into program and product optimizations.
- 7+ years of experience in operations management, user support operations, user experience, BPO, etc.
- Demonstrated operational excellence experience and focus on continuous improvement by re-engineering site level processes as needed (https://i.e. WFM, floor management, workload prioritization, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in performance management and driving improvement. A keen eye for process improvement and operational transformation.
- Proven track record in scaling operations teams across regions and time zones, and the ability to work effectively under high pressure.
- Passionate about people engagement, with strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with cross-functional teams and senior leadership independently on behalf of our Global Head of Safety Support and Team.
- Executive level verbal and written communication as well as strong data visualization, reporting and presentation skills. Demonstrated strong project management skills and thought leadership - drive effective OKR setting and management.
- Previous experience working in Trust & Safety, customer support, investigations, compliance, or risk management would be advantageous (preferably as part of a global workforce).
- Quantitative skills, data driven mindset, SQL or Excel skills a plus, to drive efforts to produce insights for work optimization.
- A passion for helping our user community.
- Fluency in a second language.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.