t Relations and Public Policy team focusing on key Francophone Africa markets.
The main responsibilities for this exciting role include:
- Building relationships with local governments, NGOs, academia, think tanks and other stakeholders in Francophone Africa and other selected Sub Saharan African (SSA) markets to support the growth of TikTok;
- Working with policymakers, think tanks, private sector partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of data protection, privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy and other technology-relevant public policy concerns;
- Building long-term strategic relationships with local partners; developing and executing advocacy/policy campaigns in relevant public policy areas that impact TikTok;
- Advising internal teams on public policy matters emerging in Francophone Africa and the rest of SSA; and helping to shape strategic and actionable plans in line with respective governments' regulations and policy frameworks;
- Actively identifying emerging and significant policy issues in these markets and engage with stakeholders and experts on issues of importance;
- Monitoring political and social events in the SSA region, and working with local teams to mitigate operational risks; and,
- Being an external advocate for TikTok's policy positions, and working to help local communities understand TikTok better.
To join our dynamic and fast growing team, the ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A Master's degree or equivalent practical experience;
- An educational background in law or (tech) public policy is a plus;
- 12-15 years of demonstrated experience managing public policy and / or government relations, advocacy work and government / private sector partnerships;
- 6-8 years of work experience in local government or a public policy team of a global tech or Internet company is preferred;
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and lobbying skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often uncertain environment;
- A vast understanding of Francophone and the Sub Saharan Africa content markets and the technology sector;
- A keen understanding of the region's political system, environment and institutions, as well as cultural landscape;
- A solid network and relationships with Francophone Africa policy-makers, academia, civil society and the technology industry;
- Bilingual proficiency in French and English;
- An interest in emerging technologies and public policy work; and,
- A strong team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.