TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
At TikTok, we're committed to a process of continuous innovation and improvement in our user experience and safety controls. We're proud to be able to serve a global community of more than a billion people who use TikTok to creatively express themselves and be entertained, and we're dedicated to giving them a platform that builds opportunity and fosters connection. We also take our responsibility to safeguard our community seriously, both in how we address potentially harmful content and how we protect against unauthorized access to user data.
U.S. Data Security (“USDS”) is a standalone department of TikTok in the U.S. This new security-first division was created to bring heightened focus and governance to our data protection policies and content assurance protocols to keep U.S. users safe. Our focus is on providing oversight and protection of the TikTok platform and user data in the U.S., so millions of Americans can continue turning to TikTok to learn something new, earn a living, express themselves creatively, or be entertained. The teams within USDS that deliver on this commitment daily span Trust & Safety, Security & Privacy, Engineering, User & Product Ops, Corporate Functions and more.
As a Logging and Analytics Platform Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the Logging and Analytics Platform Operations Lead and cross functional partners in deploying, integrating, and managing, technologies to support the security and protection of data in accordance with relevant geographical regulations, contractual commitments, and confidentiality requirements. You are part of a team that manages the design, engineering, and deployment of tools and technologies to monitor our global infrastructure footprint to validate data inventory, access and protection, and security of our vast infrastructure of data center, SaaS, and IaaS. This will include serviceability and continuing improvement of technology platforms, technologies, and services as well as oversight to your team as they manage operational configuration updates to security tools and validate effectiveness. Further, you and your team will create a strategy for the control environment to enable and protect TikTok's infrastructure, technologies, and services.
The candidate must be skilled in conducting technical analysis of security logs and business problems, as well as threats, incidents, investigations, workforce protection, and other general security-related issues. The candidate must participate in coordinating response and defensive actions over a variety of security disciplines, and disseminate security information as appropriate in support of TikTok's critical business, go to market, and operational infrastructure needs.
- Determine requirements and deploy logging capabilities across applications, infrastructure, databases, and networks
- Develop strategy for ingestion and extraction of log data from various sources, including integrations with SIEM
- Define conditions and logic to identify unauthorized / inappropriate activities and indicators of compromise, including triage and escalation of suspected events
- Optimize and tune existing correlation rules and alerts to reduce false positives
- Develop and apply data models to event logs for advanced analytics
- Support root cause analysis, debugging, post-mortem analysis of cybersecurity incidents in partnership with other security functions
- Develop and report metrics on logging capabilities and trends based on analysis
- Perform analysis of logging and monitoring coverage and onboard new data sources
- Review and assess utilization of logging and monitoring tooling
- Develop standard operating procedures and trainings for each technology
- Architect and continuously improve security technology stack, process and procedures, support model and cross-function interactions
- Define and execute (as needed) procedures to validate the effectiveness of the design, deployment, and management of security controls that aim to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of enterprise data assets and technology platforms
- Data ingestion, integration, parsing, correlation, creating dashboards and alerts in Splunk
- Bachelors’ Degree or industry equivalent work experience in cybersecurity, international security architecture, and/or engineering in a converged security program
- 5+ years applicable experience
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness and the ability to lead and inspire change
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and remain current on new developments in cybersecurity capabilities and industry knowledge
- In-depth experience in the following:
- SIEM, IDS, IPS technologies
- Asset management
- Change management
- Microservice architecture
- Logging, monitoring, and security event management
- Database management and administration
- Splunk engineer experience
- Strong Python scripting
- Kafka experience
- SOAR experience
- Familiar with Linux
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority
- Works well under pressure within time/budget constraints to solve problems, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, and make decisions with limited information
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, in particular in leading or contributing to global and cross-functional teams
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- EDR product experience
Strong understanding of:
- Interpretation of numeric data and statistical principles
- Industry standard frameworks
- Linux, MacOS, and Windows internals
- Operating and maintaining logging and analytics tools across various platforms
- Threat detection
- CISSP, SSCP, CAP, CCSP, CISM, CSX-P or applicable experience in the Information Security field
- Experience using one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Experience administering and developing playbooksSOAR (e.g., XSOAR, Demisto, Phantom, Siemplify, etc.)
- Familiarity with source code management tools (e.g., Github, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with securing data across SaaS and IaaS cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.