join our monetization strategy and operations (MSO) team. You will have a ground floor opportunity to shape monetization efforts in Australia and New Zealand. In this role, you will partner with cross-functional leaders to assess performance and plan for the future.
The MSO organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
Our team uses data analysis to help drive the company’s monetization strategy and operations. We’re looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to drive analytics initiatives that guide operational excellence for our Australia and New Zealand business.
- Serve as the primary strategic partner for our monetization team, focusing on various advertiser segments.
- Develop monetization strategies for TikTok and other growing products in Australia and New Zealand countries by collaborating with key stakeholders across primarily sales/commercial functions.
- Drive significant revenue growth by developing and implementing key initiatives, such as operating model changes.
- Conduct in-depth analyses to help the business better understand key value drivers and identify growth opportunities.
- Work closely with TikTok leadership to execute high-impact projects.
- Oversee performance analysis, reporting, and manage business review cadences.
- Establish and manage performance goals for the monetization team by defining key performance metrics and setting KPIs to promote business growth.
- Monitor and track business financial performance, ensuring the financial health of business operations.
- Develop and optimize monetization processes and policies as the team expands.
- Support the development and planning of monetization strategies through analysis and research, transforming insights into growth initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, such as local monetization teams, sales and sales operations, international strategy, and data teams, to bring analytical initiatives to completion.
- Possess a BS/MS degree in mathematics, statistics, data science, business analytics/management, engineering, computer science, or another quantitative major.
- Have 2+ years of experience in sales strategy, growth strategy, sales finance, product strategy, consulting, investment banking, or related analytical roles. Prior experience in high-growth tech startups and advertising is preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong analytical aptitude and a keen interest in strategy.
- Be a skilled project manager and a high-EQ team player, capable of managing expectations across different time zones and cultures.
- Exhibit excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills, with the ability to handle ambiguity and structure complex issues to derive insights.
- Possess a self-starter attitude: You should be able to initiate and drive complex analysis to completion with minimal guidance, while synthesizing and communicating insights effectively.
- Maintain a get-it-done mindset: Be motivated to work hard and efficiently in a fast-paced, cross-cultural environment.
- Be fluent in English
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
In the spirit of reconciliation, TikTok acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.