row together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
About the Team:
Our Music Publishing Partnership Team is responsible for negotiating and leading strategic partnerships that significantly help TikTok's growth overseas. We work cross-functionally to form meaningful relationships with our key partners across multiple verticals and regions to achieve:
- Strategic and value add partnerships on both a country and regional level
- Strategic long term business relationships
- Expansion of global footprint
- Execute regional Music Publishing Partnerships strategy, including strategic and creative outreach programs with music publishers, collective management organizations and songwriters
- Work with internal teams to align on shared goals and execute such opportunities, with a focus on education, partnership growth and songwriter engagement. Act as the main touchpoint with cross functional teams in the region for publishing.
- Manage and optimize relationships with partners in the region (including driving communication with partners; work with TikTok's technical Music Publishing Operations team to pro-actively manage partner reporting and product updates; and TikTok's Finance team and partners to ensure timely payment management)
- Support deal negotiations through strategic business reviews with partners, leveraging data analytics, driving partner performance and highlighting creative opportunities to maximize value of deal
- Establish and nurture relationships with creative teams and top tier songwriters internally and externally
- Represent our company at industry conferences and other public speaking opportunities, to build trust with partners and support industry narrative
- Understand partner ambitions and marry them with product developments to create new opportunities for TikTok and TikTok Music, our partners and users
- Minimum 2+ years experience in music partner management.
- Solid understanding in music deals and partnerships; Experience in DSP is highly preferred.
- Effective communication and excellent stakeholder management skills to establish and maintain close relationships with internal and external partners across APAC.
- Proficient in English. Any other Asian language is a plus but not a must as the role closely communicates with key stakeholders across APAC.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.