TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team :
You will be a part of the Security Operations team responsible for Enterprise Defense Operations and Platform Management, Hosting Platform Defense Operations, and Global Security Technology Operations. The Security Operations team's primary focus is management of security and defense platforms, technologies, tools, and services supporting security controls across TikTok's environments. As a Network Security Operations specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the Principal Security Operations Engineer on a team of cross-functional cyber, privacy, and data protection engineers, architects, and analysts to deploy, integrate, and manage technologies to support the security and protection of data in accordance with relevant geographical regulations, contractual commitments, and confidentiality requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and execution of enterprise-wide network security program
- Build technical and functional requirements to configure and deploy network security tooling
- Develop standard operating procedures and trainings for each technology
- Architect and continuously improve security technology stack, process and procedures, support model and cross-function interactions
- Review and investigate alerts generated from network security tools (e.g., firewalls, routers) and escalate as appropriate
- Review and assess utilization of network security tooling
- Promote and drive adoption of network security tooling across the enterprise
- Partner across the Security Operations team to respond to cybersecurity incidents
- Develop and report network security coverage metrics and remediation plans
- Maintain strong vendor relationships for network security tooling for continuous support
- Define procedures to validate the effectiveness of the design, deployment, and management of security controls that aim to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of networks and technology platforms
- Bachelors’ Degree or industry equivalent work experience in cybersecurity, international security architecture, and/or engineering in a converged security program
- 3+ years applicable experience
- High degree of integrity and trustworthiness and the ability to lead and inspire change
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge and remain current on new developments in cybersecurity capabilities and industry knowledge
- In-depth experience in the following:
- Operating system (OS) hardening
- Antivirus software
- Metadata management
- Asset management
- Change management
- Microservice architecture
- Data leakage/content monitoring and filtering
- Configuration of network and host-based firewalls
- Understanding of OWASP and WAF protections
- Knowledge of data and network encryption protocols
- CISSP, SSCP, CAP, CCSP, CISM, CSX-P or applicable experience in the Information Security field
- Experience using one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, Go, Java, etc.)
- Familiarity with source code management tools (e.g., Github, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with securing data across SaaS and IaaS cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Familiarity with securing data across multiple database technologies (e.g., MySQL, Redis, Hive)
- Be able to handle ambiguity and collaborate with a global team
- Be comfortable communicating with business executives and technical teams
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
In the spirit of reconciliation, TikTok acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.