TikTok will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require TikTok's sponsorship of a visa.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
As the Product Lead, High Harm Obstruction (Trust and Safety), you will manage and grow our global team of product managers to own and drive the safety features and strategies for our short video platform, ensuring our platform is safe for our global community. Your scope includes the safety of all TikTok features, including videos, accounts & profiles, Live, comments, search, direct messages, etc.
You and your team will work closely with policy leaders, program managers, engineers, and data scientists around the world to design comprehensive strategies and plans. Your team will analyze and identify risks, own designing features, working with engineering to build them, testing and rolling out solutions, then continuing to monitor and improve them after they ship, keeping our users safe as new threats and opportunities evolve.
It is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content as part of the core role/as part of project/ in response to escalation requests/by chance.
Some content viewed may violate our community guidelines which include but are not limited to bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
What will I be doing?
- You will manage and grow a strong team of product managers to identify gaps and enhance safety features across our community. Your team will be based in Americas regions.
- Define safety product roadmap, set metrics to measure effectiveness, and drive cross-functional efforts to achieve success.
- Analyze and identify risks and leverage in-app product solutions or back-end processes to effectively address risk and work with the engineering team to implement product solutions.
What should I bring with me?
- 5+ years of product management experience in consumer-facing mobile or web internet industries.
- 3+ years experience managing product and program managers.
- Ability to identify, analyze and design product solutions; proven track record of pushing ambitious product changes.
- Good cross-functional project management skills, good communication skills; a passion to unite people behind a common goal; ability to work across time-zones and locations.
- Extensive relevant experience -- in Trust and Safety, integrity, minor safety, fraud detection, or other relevant areas.
- Experience in hiring and growing teams of product managers.
- Experience building social networking or video content applications, or other consumer internet applications
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.