s to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
Trust & Safety team at TikTok is dedicated to building a safe environment for users to discover and create on TikTok, Helo and other ByteDance products. As a product manager on our Trust & Safety team, you will work with teams of engineers, data scientists, operations, product policies and various relevant internal teams to build safety product features and strategies. You will be working on safety features, technical strategies to improve our trust and safety processes, as well methods to detect and address the risky behaviors and actors in the community. You will also work on project management to deliver major Trust and Safety product changes. When it's safe, travel between our global offices is expected.
It is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content as part of the core role/as part of project/ in response to escalation requests/by chance.
Some content viewed may violate our community guidelines which include but are not limited to bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
What will I be doing?
• Drive product strategy and build features to protect the integrity of content on the platform, the safety of our creators and provide the best possible experience for our users.
• Define product roadmap, set metrics that inform the success of safety efforts, work with the cross functional teams to implement product solutions.
• Work hands-in-hands with dedicated counterparts in Data, User research, Design, Engineering and cross-functionally with Data Policy, Operation, Public Relations, Government Relations, Creator management team and so on.
What should I bring with me?
• 3+ years in product management in internet companies, or entrepreneurial experience of founding and leading your own tech start-up.
• Bachelor degree in Computer science or similar technical background is highly preferred for this role.
• Highly data-driven, capable of in-depth data interpretation, able to dive deep into data to distill user insights and articulate the problems in a clear manner to cross-functional teams.
• Have strong empathy with users and be able to design product solutions based on evidence; proven track record of pushing ambitious products, and/or organizational or process changes.
• Be a team player, mission-driven and highly motivated.
Even better if:
• Experience and expertise in content moderation and quality, safety & abuse, and other safety-related initiatives.
• Experience in working with cross functional partners across different time zones, cultures and languages.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]
[For Pay Transparency] Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $149040 - $246400 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.