's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
It is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content as part of the core role/as part of project/ in response to escalation requests/by chance.
Some content viewed may violate our community guidelines which include but are not limited to bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
What will I be doing?
Drive product strategy and build features to protect the integrity of content on the platform, the safety of our creators and provide the best possible experience for our LIVE users.
• Define product roadmap, set metrics that inform the success of safety efforts, work with the cross functional teams to implement product solutions.
• Work hands-in-hands with dedicated counterparts in Data, User research, Design, Engineering and cross-functionally with Data Policy, Operation, Public Relations, Government Relations, Creator management team and so on.
What should I bring with me?
• 3+ years of experience in product management in internet companies, or entrepreneurial experience of founding and leading your own tech start-up. Candidates with experience at top-tier consulting companies are also considered.
• Bachelor degree in Computer science or similar technical background is highly preferred for this role.
• Highly data-driven, capable of in-depth data interpretation, able to dive deep into data to distill user insights and articulate the problems in a clear manner to cross-functional teams.
• Have strong empathy with users and be able to design product solutions based on evidence; proven track record of pushing ambitious products, and/or organizational or process changes.
• Be a team player, mission-driven and highly motivated.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining. We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.