rowing and responsible for building machine learning models and systems to identify and defend internet abuse and fraud on our platform. Our mission is to protect billions of users and publishers across the globe every day. We embrace the state-of-the-art machine learning technologies and scale them to detect and improve the tremendous amount of data generated on the platform. With the continuous efforts from our team, TikTok is able to provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
We are looking for people like you with solid experience in designing and deploying state-of-the-art models in the combination of NLP and CV related areas. This position will work with a team of excellent research scientist and machine learning engineer who can take initiatives, design and develop advanced machine learning solutions, and deploy them directly to TikTok's global platform.
Responsibilities - What You'II Do
• Work with team members to design next generation CV/NLP/Audio multimodality models
• Work on highly-scalable classifiers, predictive models and algorithms in big data mining, computer vision, NLP and other domains
• Work with engineering teams to implement model pipeline and deploy the service at scale
• Collaborate with product team to define objectives and improve trust and safety strategy
• Collaborate with data analyst to understand and find data patterns
• 3+ years experience in one or more of the areas: machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, NLP, Audio, content understanding or participating in large-scale online machine learning platforms are preferred
• Skilled in pre-training foundation technologies, including efficient training and pre-training as a service, downstream applications of NLP/CV/Video are preferred
• Proficient in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow, and programming languages such as python or java.
• Good programming skills in Python and similar languages, and a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Good communication and teamwork skills, be passionate about learning new techniques and taking on challenging problems
• Experience in trust and safety area is a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at
[For Pay Transparency] Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $137750 - $237500 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.