Control team is responsible for performing risk identification and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls across TikTok's global functions. The team's mission is to be a trusted advisor and add tangible value to the company through insightful and comprehensive risk management practices and proactive internal controls advisory support.
We are looking for a qualified, motivated and entrepreneurial Risk Control Business Partner. This position is based in our London office. The new hire will be responsible for risk identification and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls. You will collaborate with the business owners (Trust & Safety, Product, Operations) to identify risks, conduct root cause analysis, identify control gaps and make valuable recommendations to the business teams.
- Responsible for oversight of internal controls environment through a review of risk indicators and execution of risk-based controls assessments, including management of remediation of controls enhancements;
- Management of process improvement initiatives to understand processes and opportunities to drive enhancements, resulting in cost-savings and efficiency improvements;
- Leads projects focused on defining previously minimally or undefined processes through meeting with process owners, formally documenting processes, and identifying key risks and controls, along with areas for process enhancement or improvement;
- Provides control guidance and insight to functional business partners in areas under development/change of business processes;
- Participates in cross‐functional teams to conduct root cause analysis for fraud and other unusual activities to establish action plans to improve the control environment;
- Provides on‐going training and remediation of all internal control issues that are identified;
- Participate in various company-wide initiatives, such as reviews of policies and procedures;
- Assist in continuous improvement processes and activities, such as awareness/training programs and sessions on audit, risk and control;
- Maintain an understanding of emerging technology, risks and industry trends.
- 4+ years of internal controls experience and/or internal audit experience. E-commerce, media, tech or entertainment companies are preferred;
- Ability to rapidly understand and identify enhancements and improvements to unfamiliar business processes with minimal background information, including the ability to formally document processes and related risks/controls/enhancements within flowcharts or process narratives;
- Project management skills related to internal audit or process improvement initiatives (planning, fieldwork, documentation, remediation, etc.) to support execution of Risk Controls initiatives;
- Analytical skills and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment;
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently or with other departments cross-functionally;
- Able to work in a flexible team environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or applicable certification preferred.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.