TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity, celebrate individuality and bring people together. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, São Paulo, Mexico City, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us:
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team:
The Southeast Asia (SEA) Public Policy & Government Affairs team's work spans across a broad and diverse range of functions and workstreams, including government affairs and government relations; policy and issue area expertise; risk and crisis management and mitigation; outreach, coalitions, and partnerships; and philanthropy. The mission of the SEA Public Policy & Government Affairs team is to develop and advocate for solutions for pressing high technology issues and to promote a political, legislative, and regulatory environment that supports growth and innovation for our business.
Public Policy - Payments for SEA will provide cross-cutting policy advice on key policy topics related to payments.
- Build strategy and advise the company on emerging payments public policy matters to ensure the success of the team's goals in SEA and provide strategic guidance to internal teams.
- Representing the company with elected officials, regulators, central banks, and relevant government agencies, engaged in payments policy making on issues of importance to our company and the people who use the service.
- Proactively identify and address emerging and significant SEA payments policy issues, impending legislation, as well as regulatory developments in the region, that could present risks with implications for the company and its products.
- Represent company at high tech industry gatherings, trade associations and coalition meetings.
- Work closely with cross-functional corporate and product teams on the development and integration of key payments public policy projects.
- Maintain and develop a strong network of third-party public interest groups, industry associations and academics engaged in technology policy issues.
- Carry-out research and reporting on domestic and international policy issues relevant to the company.
- 10+ years dedicated public policy/government relations experience in the payments industry.
- Deep understanding of the key public policy issues that impact payments services, including licensing, anti-money laundering, sanctions compliance, etc.
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and advocacy skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often uncertain environment.
- General understanding of laws and regulations in SEA market.
- Strong network of experts, academics and NGOs, able to help direct the company regarding new trends and research in the area of payments.
- Deep experience working across multiple functions, influencing, and collaborating with others to successfully implement programs and initiatives; history of successful cross-functional team and leadership collaboration.
- Strong research and analysis abilities: the individual will need to take complex situations and effectively communicate their implications for the company, as well as defend priorities for the public policy function.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills: the individual will need to work with other departments including, but not limited to policy/legal/communications staff to assess needs, alignment and path for collaboration.
- Discipline, strong sense of responsibility and self-drive.
- Ability to travel around SEA markets.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.