TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
Our Search Operations team supports our efforts to address objectionable or disturbing content which could include images of violence, animal cruelty, hate speech, violent extremism, or content that exploits or endangers children. The team plays a vital role in analyzing user searches and search strategy optimization to ensure a positive and safe user experience for our community.
Content QA interacts with includes images, video, text related to everyday life, but they can also include (but are not limited to) bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
It is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content on a daily basis.
What will I be doing:
- Be responsible for policy/guideline localization, cascading, clarification for labeling teams to ensure accurate understanding of the policy/guideline;
- Support the training and go-live process of labeling team (i.e. policy/guideline explanation, test result correction and Q&A);
- Quality inspection of labeled data on time and ensure the quality;
- Conduct calibration meeting with the labelling team in the appeal process: analyze diff cases, offer solution and suggestion for the current problem to help the team improve the accuracy rate and alignment;
- Work closely with POC and other stakeholders in order to provide feedback on data quality/SOP/policy/guideline.
- Additional compatible and related responsibilities which are not necessarily listed above.
What should I bring with me:
- Accept the shift; the role will require you to work variable hours on a shift pattern. The shift pattern may include weekend, evening and night work. You will be required to work five of any seven days per week；
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Learn about search engines, familiar with social media platforms.
- An in-depth understanding of local culture and familiarity with the Internet usage habits of local users.
- Strong ability to learn and understand.
- Familiar with common office software, labeling experience is preferred.
- Willing to work with sensitive issues that include child exploitation, a variety of religious and political views, violence, adult & sexual content
- Other duties: Based on business requirements you can be moved between projects.
- Fluent in German is required as the role requires communication with German markets, fluent English is also required as it is the working language
- Your ability to work in a high tempo environment, adapt, respond to day-to-day challenges of the role.
- Your resilience and commitment to self-care to manage the emotional demands of the role.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.