TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team
E-commerce is a new and fast growing business that aims at connecting all customers to excellent sellers and quality products on TikTok Shop, through E-commerce live-streaming, E-commerce short videos, and commodity recommendation. Our E-ecommerce Recommendation Infra team is responsible for building up and optimizing the infrastructure for such recommendation systems, so as to provide the most stable and best experience for our users. We work closely with applied machine learning engineers and build scalable systems to support all kinds of innovative algorithms and techniques.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do
• Build and maintain high performance online services for TikTok recommendation system；
• Build extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines for candidates generation, profile generation, training examples generation, realtime online training, etc;
• Build globalized large-scale recommendation system;
• Design and develop high performance computing frameworks and storage systems.
• Bachelor's degree or above, majoring in Computer Science, or related fields, with 3+ years of experience building scalable system;
• Experience programming in at least one of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java or Golang;
• Effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive;
• Experienced in at least one area of the following areas: personalized recommendations, search engine, machine learning, distributed storage system, big data frameworks is a plus.
• Experience in e-commerce related areas
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.