o hire a Software Engineer to join the DSI Team in London. We are looking for candidates with strong technical infrastructure backgrounds with a passion for engineering excellence, providing cost-effective solutions with an eye to the future. You will understand the challenges associated with deploying infrastructure at scale and have experience in designing systems and platforms that set the global standard for performance, availability, security, and cost. The work you do will influence processes across the ByteDance business globally.
Areas we are working on include but not limited to:
- Traffic infrastructure and load balancing systems
- Cloud solutions and management platforms
- Big data platform and ETL pipelines
- Host management and system engineering platforms
- Access control and authorization services
- Design and build infrastructure services, systems and platforms.
- Develop tools, automations and monitors to operate infrastructure efficiently.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible end-to-end to the production environment by responding to performance and reliability issues and participating necessary on-calls.
- Help improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure services from inception and design throughout development, to deployment, user support and refinement.
*ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At Bytdance, our mission is to build global creation and interaction platforms – we aim to not just deliver information but serve as a creative hub, hosting and nurturing creators. This belief guides our strategy in product development. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn't be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
ByteDance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@https://tiktok.com.
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience) in Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- 3+ years experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond
- 3+ years experience in one or more programming languages such as Go, Java, C++ and Python.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Building infrastructure solutions with AWS, Google, Azures and other cloud services.
- Building networking systems that speak TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, etc.
- Building traffic systems such as load balancers, NAT and proxies, etc.
- Implementing big data solutions based on technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark and Hadoop, which handle Terabytes of data.
- Building platform, automation and tools to manage server fleet, their life cycles and systems running on top.
- Self-driven and capable of coping with ambiguity and moving projects from concept to delivery.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve real world problems in a fast moving environment.
- Experience in a production and hyper-scale environment