TikTok will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require TikTok's sponsorship of a visa.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
We are the e-commerce department for TikTok and its affiliates. We are responsible for the research and development of NLP algorithms under TikTok and its affiliates' overseas e-commerce business, mainly including intelligent customer service and machine translation.
- Responsible for Chinese and overseas's intelligent customer service under ByteDance's e-commerce business, based on two main kinds of products, which are automatic robots and intelligent assistance . Our team provides solutions such as intelligent dialogue, active service, and intelligent marketing, keep improving the efficiency of customer service staff and customers' experience. The algorithm capacities include the identification of a customer's incoming line, the intention understanding, and the solutions to various kinds of questions, etc.
- Responsible for the language quality of TikTok and its affiliates overseas e-commerce platform (e.g., TikTok shopping, Fanno), including improving machine translation quality of products' information, IM of buyers and sellers, and supporting scenario of cross-lingual searching.
- Responsible for the NLP related R&D, mainly including:
- Language understanding, including intention recognition, emotion recognition, FAQ, etc.
- Build an intelligent dialogue system, including mining questions and answers.
- Multilingual text generation such as products' copy, dialogue summary, email reply, etc.
- Machine translation, including the translation of product titles and details, IM and other scenarios.
- Cross-lingual search, including cross language matching, cross-lingual vector retrieval, etc.
1. Practical experience in NLP (intelligent dialogue, machine translation, etc.) are preferred.
2. Familiar with at least one computer programming language, including but not limited to C/C++/Java/go/python.
3. Candidates who have published high-level papers are preferred, including but not limited to ACL, EMNLP, COLING, AAAI, IEEE TASLP, etc.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.