TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Security Team at TikTok
The team is missioned to build infrastructures, platforms and technologies, as well as to support cross-functional teams to protect our users, products and infrastructures. In this team you'll have a unique opportunity to have first-hand exposure to the strategy of the company in key security initiatives, especially in building scalable and secure-by-design systems and solutions. Our challenges are not your regular day-to-day technical problems; you'll be part of a team that's developing new solutions to new security challenges of a kind not previously addressed by big tech. It's working fast, at scale, and we're making a difference.
- Design and implement reliable, scalable, robust and extensible security and privacy systems that support the company's core security systems and products.
- Establish solid design and best engineering practice for engineers as well as non-technical people
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables; deliver high-quality work in rapid product development.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams and understand the constraints and dependencies on existing platforms and systems; ensure the delivered security systems can be integrated with the existing infrastructure effectively and smoothly.
- Together with SRE team, maintain and troubleshoot security products and services developed by the team.
- BS degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant majors
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Strong written/verbal communication and excellent teamwork skills; flexible and self-motivated.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree (or Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant majors.
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems in a product environment.
- Basic security domain knowledge, concepts and best practice in cyber security.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: microservice architecture, data pipeline, query engines, distributed and parallel systems, developing large software systems, and/or security software development
- Security domain knowledge and understanding in some disciplines below: threat intelligence, IAM, applied cryptography, key management systems, data security, application security, web security, security protocols, operating system internals and hardening (e.g., Android, OS X, Linux), network security, hardware security, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience in the design and implementation of security solutions, systems and services.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.