FIDO stands for Fast Identity Online. It is the state-of-the-art authentication that is arguably the most secure of all currently available authentication methods. Our team's mission is to protect both internal and external users across all company applications with secure and user-friendly FIDO2 authentication. We have a variety of tech stacks, including WebAuthN server, mobile and web SDK, tools, and other components that implement FIDO2 and support its use.
There are two major initiatives in our team, mainly separated by the different types of customers we serve:
- Internal ToE(nterprise): Empower every employee as a phishing-resistant user.
- External ToC(onsumer) and ToB(usiness): Deliver a seamless and secure FIDO2 authentication experience across all company products.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of developers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Serve as a technical expert for requirements, design and implementation of FIDO2 services and products across TikTok's suite of products.
- Design, develop, onboard, and support the FIDO2 service with all the company services, including but not limited to compute, storage, DB systems.
- Partner with Product, Operation team, Security/Legal/Compliance and other engineering teams to identify and address authentication related security issues.
- Play a critical role in influencing cross functional partners and roadmaps to continuously tighten the security posture of overall TikTok's Infrastructure.
- Cloud-based microservice architecture in Golang
- Highly distributed system with data centers in multiple countries
- Data pipelines and query engines
- More specifically include
- Golang, Python and other common object-oriented programming language
- MySQL, Redis, Elastic Search, Kafka
- Grafana, Hive
- Thrift RPC, Service Mesh, Consul, TLS, mTLS
- React, Vue, Angular, NodeJS or other common web framework
- Native Android and iOS client
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant majors.
- Strong experience as a developer with one or more general-purpose programming languages such as Go, Rust, Python, C/C++, or Java.
- Prior experience in a leadership role or demonstrated leadership skills, such as leading projects or mentoring junior developers.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant majors.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of large scale distributed system
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong written/verbal communication and excellent teamwork skills
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
In the spirit of reconciliation, TikTok acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.