TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make an impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
The Technical Infrastructure team, based in Singapore, supports many of the organisation's products and core business lines, serving hundreds of millions of users every day. We actively embrace open source and innovative software/hardware architecture, building a series of infrastructures to ensure the best R&D practices and enable the overall development of the company.
What you will be doing:
- Provide support for in-house built platforms such as HDFS, Yarn, Flink, Spark, etc;
- Act as a front-line engineer, responding to internal users' tickets and addressing their technical issues;
- Troubleshoot and resolve any problems or questions related to the internal developer tools, offering guidance and support through the internal ticketing system;
- Serve as the escalation point for the SG engineering group, handling major incidents, known issues, feature requests, or enhancements related to the development tools they use. Collaborate with local or regional support teams and project managers/developers to ensure timely resolution;
- Drive global support metrics by monitoring and improving local support metrics, including SLA (Service Level Agreement) and Csat (Customer Satisfaction). Collaborate with other internal ticket handlings teams like NOC (Network Operations Center) and SREs (Site Reliability Engineers) to align support metrics with global objectives;
- Take on additional technical support assignments such as user training and internal knowledge transfer sessions to ensure both users and team members have a strong understanding of the supported platforms.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Experience in relevant troubleshooting or support experience, familiar with SLA, handling tickets, monitoring, processes, and metrics;
- Strong technical troubleshooting in Kubernetes and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with in-house built platforms like HDFS, Yarn, Flink, Spark, etc;
- Proven ability to write scripts and automation (using Python/Java);
- Understanding of the complete deployment life cycle from design, build, test, and deployment;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, providing exceptional customer service and meeting support metrics;
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.