TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Team
The e-commerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated. With millions of loyal users globally, we believe TikTok is an ideal platform to deliver a brand new and better e-commerce experience to our users.
This role sits within the E-Commerce Governance and Experience team. This team is responsible for ensuring our marketplace is safe and trustworthy for not only users, but also sellers and creators. We value user experience and work on policies, rules, products and systems to ensure quality.
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead a small, global team of Policy Performance analysts and program managers. The Policy Performance Team is responsible for building and monitoring oversight mechanisms to ensure that our policy and enforcement programs are performing as intended, and identifying opportunities to improve these programs in ways that advance user experience and the TikTok mission.
- Drive hiring, performance management, prioritisation, execution, and delivery of KPIs across your team.
- Work cross-functionally and with global leaders to develop monitoring and reporting capabilities that provide actionable insights regarding the efficacy of our end-to-end Governance framework (including, policies, enforcement, workflows and systems).
- Build strategic cross-functional partnerships with teams across the policy chain, including Governance, Experience, Services, Product, Trust & Safety, Moderation Data Science, and more.
- Be accountable to minimising false positive and false negative policy violations by improving policy performance across the chain.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data or Analytics, Business Administration or related fields (or relevant experience).
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Strategy and Operations, Business Ops, or other related fields.
- 3+ years of this experience should be in data science, algorithmic engineering, or machine learning environments, or demonstrated experience driving data-driven insights in a risk, trust, governance or compliance function.
- Excellent business acumen and decision-making capabilities.
- The ability to lead a globally distributed team, with experience in managing teams in a data or risk management-related function.
- Strong, proven ability to work independently with data, dashboards, data science and technical teams.
- Cross cultural communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally in a global working environment.
- Comfort working in a fast paced, ambiguous and high growth environment.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.