TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
TikTok's E-commerce Governance & Experience (GNE) team is a global team responsible for ensuring that our platform provides a safe, welcoming, and enjoyable experience for our merchants, creators and community. Our mission is to provide world-class service and experience for customers, sellers and creators. As a Policy & Program Manager, Regulatory & Rapid Response within GNE, you will play an impactful role in building and scaling policies and programs that enable TikTok E-commerce to keep our platform safe and in compliance with local laws. You will also manage regional time-sensitive escalations and e-commerce risk incidents, partnering closely with local Legal, Policy, Operations and Product teams to mitigate legal, reputational and ecosystem risks. The work will also involve partnering with cross-functional teams to engage with regulators.
About the role
1. Develop and optimize policies and processes for identifying, analyzing, and resolving time-critical and cross-domain problems related to TikTok's sellers, creators and community.
2. Manage cross-domain policy escalations from start-to-end, driving stakeholder consensus, as well as conducting root-cause analyses to build prevention capabilities.
3. Create and refine program frameworks for rapid response, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to implement long term solutions. This includes but is not limited to legal/regulatory stakeholder engagements, regulatory compliance protocols, cross-team workflow optimization.
4. Conduct regular monitoring of the regulatory landscape, key performance metrics and escalations trends to produce actionable data-driven insights, delivering feedback to drive improvements to TikTok's e-commerce policies, processes, systems, and products, mitigating future risk to our customers and users.
5. Develop subject matter expertise across TikTok e-commerce infrastructure, policies, products, tools, systems, and data.
1. 5+ years experience in risk investigations/operations and policy/process development, preferably in an online operations, trust & safety, consulting, business analytics, or intelligence research environment.
2. Experience in and/or demonstrable knowledge of legal/regulatory/safety risk management, incident/crisis management, public relations, or public policy is highly preferred. Understanding of Southeast Asian e-commerce regulations, and online content safety issues are a plus.
3. Experience solving cross-functional problems, analysing and translating data to make recommendations and drive actionable business decisions. Data interpretation is required in this role. Proficiency with SQL or Excel is a plus.
4. Proven ability to make important and high-quality decisions independently and multi-task in rapidly-evolving high-pressure situations.
5. Strong communication, training and presentation skills. Mandatory business-level proficiency in English (written and spoken).
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too