ponsible for ensuring our marketplace is safe and trustworthy for not only users, but also sellers and creators. We value user satisfaction and work on policies, rules and systems to ensure quality. The Intellectual Property Rights protection function within the Governance and Experience team is committed to protecting intellectual property rights and maintaining a safe e-commerce environment on TikTok's E-commerce Platforms.
What You'll Do
- Strategy and direction: Continually assess the needs of our customers and partners in defining and evolving the product and business strategy for this team. Act as a subject matter expert for intellectual property and anti-counterfeit risk, focusing on intellectual property rights infringement and implementing process improvements to drive efficiency of the Intellectual Property Rights program in the United States region.
- Lead and support teams in responding to, investigating, managing and resolving high-impact brand-related incidents and escalations around product authenticity (counterfeit, trademark, copyright).
- Deep understanding of Intellectual Property Rights risk governance trends in TikTok's E-commerce operating countries.
- Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in a consistent cadence of releases. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your program. Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch, driving value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum Return On Investment (ROI).
- Develop comprehensive product plans incorporating customer needs, defining the competitive arena, and establishing the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals. Produce high-quality requirements documents and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Implement and enhance proactive monitoring programs, review quality metrics, and investigate reports to minimize counterfeit risk on the platform.
- Collect data and conduct segmentation analysis to minimize IPR risk on the platform.
- Define operational metrics and signals, and build dashboards to monitor various aspects of Intellectual Property Rights risk effectively and efficiently while creating scalable solutions across TikTok Shop.
- Identify gaps, loopholes, and deficiencies in content policy, process, and metrics, and initiate projects to improve quality across the Intellectual Property Rights program.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders to ensure Intellectual Property Rights protection is enforced across TikTok Shop.
- Conduct trainings to educate rights owners about our Intellectual Property Protection Center tool for Intellectual Property protection.
- Maintain cross-functional partnerships with cross-functional teams to implement optimal solutions to Intellectual Property Rights-related problems, as well as with our vendor teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or Business
- 5 years of technology product management experience, and as a product leader who can prioritize, communicate and influence cross-functional teams to launch and improve complex products.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Intellectual Property Operations, Risk Management, Trust and Safety, or Policy Development.
- Project and program management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, and analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and ability to manage ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at https://shorturl.at/cdpT2.
[For Pay Transparency] Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $139650 - $256500 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.