TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Trust & Safety team's commitment is to keep our online community safe. We have invested heavily in human and machine-based moderation to remove harmful content quickly and often before it reaches our general community.
It is possible that this role will be exposed to harmful content as part of the core role/as part of project/ in response to escalation requests/by chance.
Some content viewed may violate our community guidelines which include but are not limited to bullying; hate speech; child abuse; sexual assault; torture; bestiality; self-harm; suicide; murder.
What I'll be doing:
1. Responsible for improving core Prod ops metrics in regional markets, including but not limited to search growth, content expansion and user experience
2. Expand regional candidate pool with time-sensitive queries and core verticals in the target market, responsible for putting hot/fresh queries, including but not limited to news/events/verticals that meet product demand
3. Monitor regional search data, evaluate quality and effectiveness of online recommendation, understand search needs and preferences based on metric infructuation, provide localized analysis and suggestions for the product ops team to optimize strategies
4. Manage regional user feedback for search recommendations, take actions and record cases for periodical analysis to improve user experience accordingly
5. Work closely and flexibly with data delivery teams and XFN stakeholders to achieve regional targets together
6. Please note that this position involves exposure to sensitive content, including but not limited to vulgar content, violence, pornography, and fake news
What I should bring with me:
1. Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Journalism or data/content/culture-related majors;
2. 2 year+ relevant experience in the tech industry, including but not limited to content, operation, news, search or related areas;
3. Excellent language skills, profound understanding of market culture/user/media content, both English and Thai as it will manage Thailand market.
4. Good at data analysis and communication skills and project management experience is preferred;
5. Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and collaborating across business units;
6. Familiar with search engines and social media platforms, including but not limited to TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.
7. Team player, goal-oriented, ready to embrace change and challenges, able to work in a global team efficiently.
8. Willing to work on shifts, which includes weekends and public holidays.
9. Your ability to work in a high tempo environment, adapt, respond to day-to-day challenges of the role.
10. Your resilience and commitment to self-care to manage the emotional demands of the role.
Trust & Safety recognises that keeping our platform safe for TikTok communities is no ordinary job which can be both rewarding and psychologically demanding and emotionally taxing for some. This is why we are sharing the potential hazards, risks and implications in this unique line of work from the start, so our candidates are well informed before joining.
We are committed to the wellbeing of all our employees and promise to provide comprehensive and evidence-based programs, to promote and support physical and mental wellbeing throughout each employee's journey with us. We believe that wellbeing is a relationship and that everyone has a part to play, so we work in collaboration and consultation with our employees and across our functions in order to ensure a truly person-centred, innovative and integrated approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.