Digital Director Real Simple
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Digital
- Location New York, NY
The Digital Director, Real Simple, will design, implement and lead the brand’s digital content strategy, from web to social to mobile. They will have a strong vision for the brand; where it is and where it will go. This editorial leader will have a clear perspective on distribution and syndication, mobile, video and emerging platforms. They will develop plans to reach influencers and communities, launch e-commerce initiatives, and evaluate partnerships/acquisitions.
This is a key role for a proven digital thinker will partner with tech, product and UX teams to grow the brand’s reach, revenue, and profit. The ideal candidate will manage and motivate staff experienced in digital content as well as staff newer to creating content across all platforms.
• Own the content strategy with the Editor in Chief, overseeing all digital, social and video editorial content for RealSimple.com
• Manage a team to execute a multifaceted digital strategy that has a consistent vision and clear plan to reach content, traffic, and revenue goals
• Evaluate the performance of digital content channels, pivoting and tweaking when necessary, while charting a clear long-term strategy
• Spot, hire and retain the best digital talent
• Work across teams to drive new opportunities: with the consumer marketing team to test new methods for driving digital subscriptions; the analytics team to devise performance tests; the ad sales team to develop new ad products and programs; and with the products team on the Cozi app and other initiatives.
• Collaborate with other Time Inc brands to develop opportunities for cross-brand collaboration, partnerships and new business opportunities
• Represent T+L’s digital brand at media events, conference and within the broader travel community
- Proven: You have 10 or more years in editorial environments, with five or more in digital, preferably leading teams.
- Digital: Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr aren’t distractions. They’re the tools of your trade. You are fluent in social publishing platforms, on the web and mobile; have worked in a CMS like Drupal or WordPress; and measure the value of your efforts with analytics.
- Open-minded expert: Your expertise is in editorial, but that doesn’t restrict you. You have a deep understanding of digital ads, products, and trends like viewability and native advertising.
- A tastemaker: You know how to make people share content, because you share content that matters to people. You have a knowledge of and a passion for the Real Simple topics and a proven track record of activating other passions in communities within a broad audience.
- A leader of people: The teams you’ve worked with you love you for your collaborative and communicative work style. Your presence energizes creative people to think differently and approach work in new and exciting ways.