- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Takes an active role in the hiring process (scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.) and in the onboarding process of new Associates
- Maintains Associate personnel files according to company guidelines
- Performs daily cash office functions and maintains cash office standards
- Supports Operations Assistant Store Manager with scheduling, expense account monitoring, supply inventory and requisition
- Maintains proper Associate coverage in service areas for a positive customer experience
- Supports and responds to coverage needs throughout the store
- Ensures store team executes tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; prioritizes as needed
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
- Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
Who We Are Looking For: You!
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs, including nights and weekends
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to train others
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
A Few More Reasons to Love TJX.
- Competitive Compensation
- Weekly Paychecks
- Associate Discount
- Career development opportunities
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Be a part of an inclusive team
- Flexible work schedules
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
At TJ Maxx there’s so much potential to discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work with you every day - just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: TJ Maxx Store 0233 || 676 S Whitney Way S-101 || Madison || WI || 53711