ncluding nights and weekends.
- Role models exceptional customer service
- Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Acts as Manager on Duty in adherence with company policy and procedure
- Ensures store team performs tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; prioritizes as needed
- Addresses immediate customer service issues and provides appropriate coaching to Associates
- Exercises discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers
- Maintains accurate Associate coverage in service areas for a positive customer experience
- Ensures Associates adhere to all operational procedures
- Ensures opening/closing procedures are executed in accordance with company guidelines
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Provides continuous feedback, recognition and coaching to Associates
- Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
- Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who We Are Looking For: You!
- Open availability, including nights and weekends
- Flexible schedule to support business needs
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Knowledge of company standard software, systems, and procedures
- Knowledge of merchandise flow in stores
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively coach, delegate, and follow-up on multiple people/tasks
- Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Ability to act quickly under challenging circumstances
- Capable of balancing multiple tasks at one time
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills.
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
A Few More Reasons to Love TJX.
- Competitive Compensation
- Weekly Paychecks
- Associate Discount
- Career development opportunities
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Be a part of an inclusive team
- Flexible work schedules
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
Pay Range: $https://17.50 to $https://18.00
Actual starting pay is determined by a number of factors, including relevant skills, qualifications, and experience.
At TJ Maxx there’s so much potential to discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work with you every day - just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: TJ Maxx Store 0700 || 3412 Ming Ave || Bakersfield || CA || 93309