ur actions foster an atmosphere of excellence. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and premier motorsports engineering organization in the world, we are looking for highly motivated applicants for our available positions.
Who we’re looking for
TRD is looking for a passionate and highly motivated NASCAR Cup Engine Track Support Supervisor.
Working closely and interactively with reporting Manager, this position is responsible for all Engine Support Technician and Coordinator duties at their team shop(s), race and test events.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for all Engine Support Technician and Coordinator duties at their team shops, race and test events.
- Responsible for proper performance of engines, troubleshooting problems, maintenance while at the track, and spare parts inventory.
- When required, race/test event engine tuning to achieve optimum engine performance per the engine specification or dictated by Manager.
- Oversee other Engine Track Support Technicians on their assigned team so that maximum performance is achieved across all TRD engines at an event.
- Troubleshoot engine problems that arise at the team shops and/or racetrack.
- Communicate any problems to Engine Track Support Manager or Track Support Engineer.
- Interface with their team shop foreman’s on engine preparation, installation, chassis dyno, and TRD related logistics
- Liaise between Shop Foreman and Costa Mesa Engine Build Manager on engine assignments and movements within their team.
- Responsible for participating and overseeing NASCAR engine teardown at the racetrack or NASCAR Technical Center. This includes engine dyno at the NASCAR facility when required.
- Assists in the creation, distribution, and enforcement of TRD Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Responsible for training of new or less experienced tuners.
- Assists in the scheduling, including teams and personnel, of the chassis dyno.
What you’ll bring
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years comprehensive NASCAR race engine tuning and supervisory experience.
- Must have working knowledge of internal combustion engines in a racing environment.
- Must have excellent racing engine troubleshooting skills and be able to work in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to effectively teach and mentor less experienced tuners.
- Detail oriented and be able to multi-task.
- This position requires extensive travel and working in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- It is required for the individual in this position to be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Added bonus if you have
- Special or Technical training in an engineering vocation or skill is helpful
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to https://talent.acquisition@https://toyota.com.