Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota’s Corporate Insurance & Risk Management Department within the Compliance & Audit is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Insurance Risk Consultant.
Reporting to the Senior Risk Manager, the person in this role will support the Corporate Insurance & Risk Management Department within Compliance & Audit division's objective to minimize and protect the potential financial and operational impact of identified risks on the company while recommending and communicating mitigation activities to various stakeholders and executives.
The primary responsibility of this role is to collaborate with the business and assist the Senior Risk Manager in overseeing and managing the Casualty Insurance Program for the North American Region. Provide risk management consultation to our internal stakeholders, including but not limited to contractual risk reviews, alternative risk financing, and analytical support related to key reserve accruals and projections.
What you’ll be doing
• Oversee and manage the procurement of Liability Insurance Programs (primarily Casualty) for the North American Region, including but not limited to the placement, determination of the appropriate limits, risk assumption by Toyota, or mitigated through other risk financing programs. Areas of responsibility will include:
• Manage respective Liability (Casualty & others as advised) claims and loss control activities.
• Cultivate and maintain key relationships with global insurance partners, brokers, other third-party service providers, Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), and other business partners (internal and external) as needed.
• Prepare loss analyses and assist in budget preparation as it relates to the Liability Insurance Programs or other designated Risk Financing insurance programs.
• Identify exposures, develop and recommend creative and alternative solutions to complex risks, implement approved programs, promote loss prevention, update and monitor compliance with insurance procedures and manage safety/risk management manuals.
• Provide risk management-related consulting to clients throughout the North American Region, such as assessing risks presented through contracts and agreements and effectively recommending, approving, or rejecting appropriate contractual terms and conditions.
• Assist with field training and education, specifically with respect to consulting activities such as contractual risk management.
• Plan, coordinate, participate and/or manage projects with internal stakeholders as appropriate.
• Perform critical accrual analysis of the company’s key liability accruals and projections and make accrual requirement recommendations.
What you bring
• Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field.
• Experience in multi-national risk management or insurance-related field.
• Contractual risk management experience.
• Continue to cultivate strong relationships with global insurance markets (U.S., Japan, Bermuda, London, etc.).
• Detail-oriented, organized, and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage and administer liability programs from the ground up, such as Auto Liability, General Liability, Products Liability, etc.).
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Capable of working independently and in a team.
• Thorough knowledge of liability (casualty) insurance programs.
Added bonus if you have
• Experience in overseeing complex management of products liability claims.
• Experience in accrual reserve analysis and projections.
• Certification in Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).
• Experience with risk management information database software, such as Riskonnect.
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
• Paid holidays and paid time off.
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more.
• Flexible spending accounts.
• Relocation assistance (if applicable).
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to [email protected].
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Rooted in Continuous Improvement and Respect for People, we are committed to cultivating an ever-better world by creating innovative and sustainable mobility solutions for all — we’re going places, together — powered by our people.
We strive to create a company with the best and brightest individuals who are empowered every day to innovate and share our know-how in ways ...