Collin County, TX
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the worlds most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. Were looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who were looking for
Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the mobility finance solution provider for Toyota and Lexus in North America and other non-affiliated partners.
The TFSLegal Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivatedattorney with 6 years of experience in commercial asset based lending, real estate secured lending, syndicated and participated loans for dealers. Expertise in structuring, documenting and negotiating the foregoing is essential. Position also includes responsibility for loan restructuring and workouts, addressing/preventing lender liability issues, and general corporate transactional matters.
The primary responsibility of this role is to assist our wholesale lending sales, risk and operations groups in managing a high volume of financing transactions and related operational and policy matters.
The role will also conduct other transactional work to help with the new mobility finance initiatives of TFS.
Reporting to attorney responsible for capital markets and dealer lending legal function.
Reporting to the Managing Counsel, the person in this role will support the Corporate Legal department's objective.
What youll be doing
Negotiate, document, and close commercial lending transactions with auto dealers, including real estate transactions, working capital, floorplan financing arrangements, revolving lines of credit and other dealer financing products. Provide ongoing advice on the servicing of these transactions, including amendments, modifications and intercreditor agreements. Advise management regarding strategic and structural issues impacting the dealer lending program. Communicate with headquarters and field personnel regarding transactions. Advise credit analysts on appropriate structure and security position.
Negotiate, structure and document dealer workouts, forbearance agreements and other restructuring arrangements. Work with the dealer lending and special assets departments on workouts, collections, action plans and recovery strategies.
Assist as needed with general corporate responsibilities, including contract review, corporate governance and other transactional matters.
What you bring
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science and higher degree Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent professional work experience
- 5-12 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry)
- Have admission to any U.S. state bar and able to obtain license to practice law in Texas
- Exceptional organizational skills; good detail orientation
Added bonus if you have
- Strong computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, NetDocuments, ChangePro
What well bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time