Product Designer - Data Architect
Collin County, TX
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the worlds most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. Were looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who Were Looking For
ToyotasInformation Digital Services (IDS)Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivatedProduct Designer.
The Product Designer is responsible for establishing standards, best practices, governance for Cloud Data Warehouse platform (CDW). This role will also be hands-on guiding and assisting teams on day-to-day development and operational activities. This role will heavily be interacting with various Infrastructure, InfoSec & Networking teams as necessary to build and maintain the platform. The Product Designer will also be interacting with vendors, performing various POC and always be on the lookout for latest technologies and frameworks. The best candidates will be highly technical professional experienced in Data Warehousing, BI, Analytics & Cloud Architecture. This position will be part of a 10-12 member team and requires great flexibility to take on any activity as required by the CDW Platform Team. Additionally, the person will be working very closely with Domain Architect and other architects across departments to socialize, get their consensus and always ensure compliance with corporate technology standards and methodologies.
Reporting to the Tech Factory Owner the person in this role will support the TFS Enterprise Platform Enablement department's business objectives.
What youll be doing
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring on Cloud Data Warehousing & Analytics technologies
- Establishing and maintaining Technology Architecture/Framework as it related to Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics environment
- Act as liaison with the vendors, factories and product owners and end users to create and finalize end-to-end technical solutions
- Participate in backlog creation, MVP prioritization, user story writing, grooming, and estimating level-of-effort
- Hands on development, assistance and provide guidance for the team members
Periodic review and auditing of artifacts in Cloud Data Warehouse environment to ensure teams are following the established standards and best practices and developing optimal solutions.#LI-TMNA
What you bring
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline (CS or other) or equivalent experience is required.
- Solid understanding of AWS or similar cloud technologies as it pertains to any analytical environment
- Prior cloud migration and implementation experience of a large, complex data warehousing and analytics platform to cloud
- Demonstrated continued knowledge acquisition of emerging technologies
- Attitude to do what it takes and take on any role or activity for the success of the team
- Experience as a Solution Architect on both large and small projects
- Experience with performance architecture, tuning and debugging data warehousing and Analytics systems
- Experience in Data Integration using tools such as Talend, Informatica
- Experience in snowflake/redshift or similar cloud data warehousing distributed databases, reporting technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Looker.
- Experience in the following: DevOps framework and container management technologies such as Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker; UNIX shell scripting around developing frameworks, automation scripts.
Added bonus if you have
- Prior experience working on AWS, Talend and Snowflake technologies
- AWS Solution Architect or similar certification
- TDWI/Data Warehousing/Data Modeling certification/training
- Auto Finance industry experience
What well bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.