The Trade Closer is responsible for timely closing of Primary, Syndicated, PAR, Distressed and Claims trades and for sustained focus on clients and risk. Closing practices should meet documentation standards (LSTA & LMA). The Trade Closer is also required to work with the desk, counterparties, legal and agents to achieve timely settlement and to ensure that all functions and controls are completed on a daily basis.
Trade settlement team settles complex transactions, Corporate Actions, & handles Global Markets Desk inquiries. Duties also include running weekly management reports to the Businesses, reconciliation of settlement breaks, vendor management, and daily interaction with clients as well as internal / external stakeholders.
We’re looking for a Par/Distressed Syndicated Loan Closer to:
• Support the Primary and Loan Trading desk operationally settling Primary, Distressed, Par, and Private equity trades.
• Work with the Trading desk and legal on booking and settling complex restructures.
• Undertake preparatory work, transaction processing, control, and reconciliations tasks.
• Work across teams and functions to get the best solution or course of action.
• Interface with internal and external clients to provide operational and administrative support as needed.
• Supervisory oversight of junior team members as well as vendor management.