Lead Site Reliability Engineers at UKG are critical team members that have a breadth of knowledge encompassing all aspects of service delivery. They develop software solutions to enhance, harden and support our service delivery processes. This can include automated testing, performance analysis, observability, and auto remediation.
Lead Site Reliability Engineers must be passionate about learning and evolving with current technology trends. They strive to innovate and are relentless in pursuing a flawless customer experience. They have an “automate everything” mindset, helping us bring value to our customers by deploying services with incredible speed, consistency, and availability.
In support of our culture, we have adopted a hybrid working model of 3 days per week in the office and the rest of the week from home. The UKG office that this position is based in is Lowell, MA.
• Engage in and improve the lifecycle of services from conception to EOL, including system design consulting, and capacity planning
• Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Service delivery, metrics and the automation of operational tasks
• Support services, product & engineering teams by providing common tooling and frameworks to deliver increased availability and improved incident response
• Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through automation, process refinement, postmortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
• Collaborate closely with engineering professionals within the organization to deliver reliable services
• Increase operational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of services by treating operational challenges as a software engineering problem (reduce toil)
• Guide junior team members and serve as a champion for Site Reliability Engineering
• Actively participate in incident response, including on-call responsibilities
• Partner with stakeholders to influence and help drive the best possible technical and business outcomes
• Engineering degree, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated understanding of best practices in metric generation and collection, log aggregation pipelines, time-series databases, and distributed tracing
• Demonstrable fundamentals in 2 of the following: Computer Science, Cloud Architecture, Security, or Network Design fundamentals
• Working experience with industry standards like Terraform, Ansible
• 5+ years of hands-on experience working in Engineering or Cloud
• 5+ years of experience with public cloud platforms (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
• Experience working with automation
• Experience with distributed system design and architecture
• Experience with containerization technologies
• Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications and/or systems infrastructure for large scale customer facing company
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email [email protected]
UKG has a passion for putting people first and a company culture unlike any other. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture and our appreciation of our 15,000 employees across the globe.