global labor laws, regulations, internal policies and industry standards. This position requires a deep understanding of global HR practices and business operations, a high level of integrity, a proactive approach and excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
This role will partner collaboratively with Legal, Employee Relations, Corporate Compliance, Privacy, IT and Internal Audit teams to implement HR compliance solutions aimed at reducing risk and building a HR compliance program that promotes a culture of integrity, fairness and legal adherence.
Compliance Oversight, Policy Development, and Implementation:
• Establish and oversee global HR compliance practices to minimize operational and organizational risk and establish best-in-class HR compliance standards including; OFCCP, time-tracking, wage & hour, global mobility, record retention, background check compliance
• Develop, update, and communicate HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and international regulations.
• Monitor and interpret local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations to ensure company-wide compliance. Collaborate within HR and cross-functionally to communicate requirements and implement necessary changes to HR policies and procedures to reflect legal updates.
Training and Education:
• Collaborate with various teams including, HR, Legal, Ethics/Integrity, Privacy, and SOX to develop, update, and communicate HR policies and procedures that align with industry best practices and legal requirements. Maintain knowledge of trends and best practices related to regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive training program for employees on HR policies and compliance matters. Identify areas of opportunity for compliance education and training for managers and business leaders and partner with COEs to develop and deliver training, as needed.
• Conduct training sessions to increase awareness of compliance requirements and to remain compliant with required training.
• Help build awareness campaigns within HR highlighting the importance of, and ongoing changes in, HR Compliance programs highlighting risk management, exposure, and escalation process; develops and delivers process guides and training for employees, managers, and HR
Audit and Monitoring:
• Primary POC to oversee regular HR data audits and partner with other HR leaders to research and problem solve complex business data issues across all HR functional areas to ensure compliance with HR policies, procedures, governance, labor laws, data quality and (SOX) / regulatory compliance.
• Regularly audit HR processes and documentation to identify and rectify areas of non-compliance.
• Maintain accurate and organized records of compliance-related activities, trainings, and policy changes.
• Identify areas of risk for global compliance and identify strategies and plans to mitigate risks.
• Maintain reporting schedule and delivery of regulatory required reporting on employee data: pay equity, AAP, EEOC, I&D data, etc.
• Stay abreast of changes in employment laws and regulations, and proactively update HR policies and practices accordingly in all global locations including, US, Canada, UK, India etc.
• Provide guidance to HR and management on the impact of regulatory changes.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Contribute to various HR Projects and guide project team in adhering to data and process compliance.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including legal, finance, and IT, to ensure alignment on compliance-related matters, interpret and apply employment laws and regulations.
• Drive relevant Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts within HR to ensure processes are effective and well documented, collaborating with stakeholders to ensure controls are practical and ownership lines are clearly established.
• Responsible for on-going maintenance and compliance of job description library.
• 8+ years of experience in HR or HR compliance or a related field.
• Minimum 8+ years' experience managing compliance programs and/or projects in companies with a global workforce.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and statutes related to employment, and HR compliance globally
• Experience with Affirmative Action Planning, Equal Employment Opportunity, UK Gender Pay Data, Australian Gender Pay Data or at least one similar global report, required.
• Experience working at a global organization on global compliance programs.
• Experience designing and administering scalable compliance related processes and programs
• Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of the organization on high profile topics (e.g., regulatory audits) - ability to explain complex employment requirements in easily understandable manner to allow them to make decisions on risk
• Ability to coach team members (peers, senior leadership) on HR compliance policies, processes, rules and regulations
• Thorough understanding of labor laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfort presenting to audiences at different levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in HR software and systems for record keeping and reporting.
Pay Transparency for Colorado, New York, Washington and California
The pay range for this position in Colorado, New York, Washington and California is $122,000 to $165,000, however, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge and location. This position is also eligible for a short-term incentive and a long-term incentive as part of total compensation.
Information about UKG's comprehensive benefits can be reviewed on our careers site at https://https://www.ukg.com/careers.
San Francisco Bay Area Pay Law
There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area, the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $122,000 to $165000 per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email [email protected].