• Collaborate closely with other Principal Software Engineer/Senior Principal Software Engineer/Architect to understand and help in conceptualizing the software architecture
• To ensure adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and the associated design follow that vision
• Collaborate with other members of the team, product owners, quality engineering team members to ensure appropriate implementation of business requirements
• Collaborate closely with architects to design and conceptualize solutions for multi-tenant/cloud based offering of the product
• A mentoring role for other developers, building the skills of less experienced team members and proactively suggesting process improvements as a technical leader within the team
• Contribute towards actively increasing product code coverage by writing effective Junit test cases
• Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, etc.) as required
• Estimate the work required for new features
• Document technical decisions and design
• Expertise with Microservices/Restful services with Java/J2EE
• Experience with any Messaging Middleware (RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ), Event Sourcing, CQRS Pattern, etc.
• Good knowledge of pub/sub functionality.
• Message queuing and guaranteed delivery patterns & techniques
• Strong knowledge on Message oriented middleware concepts including different
• Messaging styles (asynchronous, pub-sub), Messaging API’s (JMS, STOMP, AMQP, REST)
• Knowledge of how to scale, finetune configuration and performance management of messaging services
• Must have strong hands-on experience with Java/Kotlin and Spring, Spring Boot
• Core product development experience on SaaS/Cloud/Multitenant based projects
• Experience working in Cloud Environment (GCP/AWS)
• Hands-on experience with Design Patterns
• Exposure to database techniques/tools such as data modelling, SQL, MongoDB, etc. - MongoDB knowledge is a plus
• One or more ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
• Excellent debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of GIT, Gradle, Jenkins
Here at UKG, our purpose is people™. Our HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions help organizations unlock happier outcomes for all. And our U Krewers, who build those solutions and support our business, are talented, collaborative, and innovative problem-solvers. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people – both at work and at home. Our benefits show that we care about the whole you, from adoption and surrogacy assistance to tuition reimbursement and wellness programs. Our employee resource groups provide a welcoming place to land, learn, and connect with those who share your passions and interests. What are you waiting for? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers #WeAreUKG
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO Know Your Rights poster and its supplement.
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email [email protected]
UKG has a passion for putting people first and a company culture unlike any other. Our love for all things HR and workforce management is matched only by our people-centered culture and our appreciation of our 15,000 employees across the globe.