UHG provides Paid Time Off, Paid Company Holidays, Education Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance and more.
Opportunity to take advantage of UHG's 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and to join the UnitedHealth Group Credit Union.
Consumer-Driven Health Plans or Primary Care Plans allows you to choose how to manage your health care.
About the Role:
Working within the Controllership function and reporting to the Divisional Financial Controller based in the US, the Head of Finance is a high-profile role, who will work closely with local senior leadership (cross team), the Board, and various external partners. The successful person will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting and control across the two European Business Segments.
The primary focus for this role initially will be the regulated Irish Insurance entity (DAC) and associated services and holding company, plus two UK branches. In the medium to longer turn it is envisaged that the role will also assume full responsibility for the UK based Medical Services business and its overseas entities and branches, currently being managed by a US based member of the team.
• Ultimately responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, including Solvency II, Group, Board and statistical reporting
• Managing and motivating the finance operations and reporting teams to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy of UHG. Lead and develop team members directly or indirectly
• Maintain and improve processes and procedures for accurate and timely investigation of financial and operational data, ensuring best practices across all different markets. Review and interpret the results and develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations
• Oversee and manage the annual audit of the regulated Irish Insurance entity and related services company and holding company
• Oversee set up and development of a UK branch of the regulated Irish Insurance entity
• Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and accounting standards
• Developing, maintaining and improving the Company’s financial processes and systems of internal control
• Proactively working with external partners and internal stakeholder such as operations, compliance and risk, actuarial and customer relationship teams, to develop and streamline processes as required
• Design and make recommendations regarding technology and other tools to optimize financial reporting including internal processing systems, visualization dashboards, reports, etc.
• Work on root cause analysis, with a focus on improving data quality and removing defects from processes
• Assist in the evaluation of new business opportunities and associated financial processes
• Qualified accountant with substantial PQE in insurance, ideally non-life
• Strong knowledge of the Solvency II regulatory reporting requirements
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience partnering with, supervising, and influencing multiple teams within a large matrix organisation, responsible for complex operations
• Experience in developing, executing, and evolving large scale strategies and capabilities, including working with external partners
• Expertise in analysing large quantities of data to inform business judgements
• Confident preparing and presenting financial information at Board level
Please note you must currently be eligible to work without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At UnitedHealth Group, our core values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance steer our actions and interactions. They also guide us to achieve our mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone. And throughout it all, we are united by a culture that cultivates a workplace like no other. ...