Join Our Community of Food People!
The Manager Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) leads many analytical and due diligence workstreams for the M&A team. Day-to-day responsibilities include analyzing target-company financials and operations, developing pro forma financial models, supporting due diligence and integration processes, and preparing deal documents.
This position is Hybrid which means the work is completed both onsite at our Rosemont Office as well as from your home office. The role requires residing within a commutable distance (no greater than 50 miles) from Rosemont Illinois.
• Partner with regional teams and Senior Management to establish US Foods’ long-term M&A strategy.
• Develop valuation models, financial analyses, and strategic rationales for acquisitions.
• Lead preparation of presentations on proposed acquisitions for Senior Management and various stakeholders.
• Manage due diligence process, coordinating activities between cross-functional US Foods teams, outside advisors and representatives of target companies.
• Assist integration efforts of newly acquired companies, including establishment of performance tracking processes.
• Analyze financial and operations data using Excel and other industry programs.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Up to 10% overnight travel may be required.
• Internal: M&A team; Finance and Accounting professionals; other functional departments; and field leadership.
• External: Investment bankers, outside contractors (attorneys, accountants), and acquisition target owners.
• Hybrid: This role is partially remote, and the associate is expected to perform assigned responsibilities from a combined home-based and office-based environment.
• A minimum of 2 years of finance or M&A experience, including 1 year in investment banking.
• Strong research, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, project management and organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A high degree of focus on quality work product with the ability to deliver under tight time pressure.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight time deadlines.
• A deep understanding of the principles of finance and general accounting concepts.
• Must be self directed and highly motivated. Strong business acumen and interpersonal skills a must.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups and cross-functional teams.
BA or BS degree required with concentration in Finance or Economics preferred
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status