claims, time sheets, requisitions, DVIR’s, shipping labels, backhaul spreadsheets, delivery window dispatch, driver key log, transportation route update, etc.) following standard procedures.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to support staff and customer needs. Respond to general inquiries and telephone calls.
- Verify information and data to ensure market compliance with regulations and procedures.
- Collect, track, and input data on relevant operations metrics to support tracking warehouse and transportation performance (including shorts, mispicks, dump/damage, service level, associate over-time, trailer temp log etc.).
- Create and maintain basic charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases to prepare for manager’s review.
- Monitor inventory level of office supplies and initiate purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- The work will take place at a desk in an office environment but may occasionally require work in normal warehouse environments including cooler and freezer areas where temperatures may be as low as -5 degrees.
- Minimum of two years of clerical experience required.
- Effective communication both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent telephone and customer service ability.
- Strong math, analytical, and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills with a good knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities to solve problems of limited scope.
- Perform cross-functional activities, and work on a varying schedule.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to support others in the department and division.
- High school diploma or GED/equivalent required.
- Preferred experience in a distribution business environment.
- Knowledge of DOT Hours of Service Regulations.
- Knowledge of our geographic delivery area.
- Preferred experience in the following areas: SAE, Truck Builder, Red Prairie, Kronos, Road Net, XATA, Shopfax, Tandem, PowerDock, Checkpoint, Omnitracs, Airclic, equipment inventories, and warranties.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time:
machines such as copiers, printers)
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status