ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
In a world where data is critical for our success, US Foods is expanding its Enterprise Data team to create modern enterprise-wide data capabilities for decision-making, new insights, operational excellence, and limiting risk across all functions and teams. The Manager, BI & Reporting is an individual contributor role on the IT Enterprise Data team. You are responsible for developing reports and analyses leveraging the data in our cloud data warehouse. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Data Product Owner.
The ideal candidate would have a successful track record of creating reporting and analyses in modern data technologies like Tableau, Power BI, CRM Analytics, Sigma, and related cloud offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Flexible Work Policy: The work for the Sr. Manager Business Intelligence (BI) & Reporting position is completed 100% remotely anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories. This position may have the potential to travel up to 20%, dependent on business needs.
In this role, we are looking for an independent self-starter who will play a key role in designing our data landscape in partnership with data architects and data engineers. You will work across the organization to ensure that the data in our cloud data warehouse serves our enterprise strategies.
The Manager, BI & Reporting role responsibilities below are framed around key performance areas.
Extract and synthesize data from multiple sources; perform exploratory data analysis; Cleanse, massage, and aggregate data
• Collect, cleanse, and structure large data sets to find usable information
• Work with a team of analysts, engineers, and other associates to process information
• Create repeatable, automated data preparation workflows
Data Analysis & Business Understanding
Strong understanding of business processes and community. Ability to operationalize insights to drive favorable business results; experience in model and rule performance based on business KPIs
• Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement
• Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients
• Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
• Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
• Perform exploratory and inferential analyses to deliver insights to the business
• Perform analyses using more sophisticated statistical techniques
Strong developer of visualization and presentation paradigms to communicate discoveries
• Use graphs, dashboards, and other methods to visualize data
• Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
• Create interactive dashboards and establish reusable pattern libraries
• Establish and revise branding standards for data assets
Willingness to collaborate with stakeholders
• Share best practices for analytics with others
• Approach all interactions with a positive attitude
• Mentor junior-level analysts
• Ensure that teams are right-sized to meet current and future requirements in a cost-effective manner with capacity management
• Manage consulting partners and contractors and ensure onboarding, access, and success for non-employees
• Determine succession planning and career development for individuals
• Support and cultivate the development of direct and indirect reports through performance management, coaching, overall effectiveness
• Set performance standards, review performance, and make informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable HR policies and procedures
• Skillfully manage teams with cultural awareness
• Work and build support and teams within a matrixed organization
• Take responsibility and ownership for how/if stakeholders understand the enterprise data team, the benefits, and the journey that we're on for data transformation
• Ensure service levels and performance expectations are met according to vendor agreements and US Foods' expectations. Partner to ensure that all deliverables in statements of work are executed
• Evaluate vendor performance and be accountable for it. If vendor performance falters, create a plan for recovery or end the relationship appropriately with an agreed-upon transition
• Work with project and resource managers to ensure that vendor costs are aligned to the statements of work and entered appropriately into US Foods' systems
Supervision: This position will supervise 6-8 FTEs.
• 5-7+ years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, data management, statistics, and/or related field with increasingly progressive responsibility
• 3-5+ years of work experience in a managerial/leadership role (i.e., managing a team, either directly or indirectly)
• Functional subject matter expertise in data management and building and implementing effective data products in large and matrixed organizations
• Experience across the entire data value chain - including data warehouses, data lakes, big data, ELT, data modeling, database administration, security, user interface, reporting & analysis, etc.
• Strong experience collecting, cleansing, profiling, and modeling data
• Experience with data pipelines using cloud-based tools
• Strong experience creating reports and dashboards
• Experience documenting business processes and technical data integration workflows
• Experience creating data specifications and data standards
• Background of improving user experience by interpreting data and automating decision making
• Strong leadership, people management, and matrixed influencing skills required
• Strong program and project management skills and experience required
• Ability to build and generate business cases, develop and apply relevant metrics, and evaluate return on investment (ROI) quantitatively and qualitatively
• Demonstrated leadership, ability to drive results and engage senior executives, as well as the ability to influence cross-organizational stakeholders and decision-makers with different operational responsibilities
• Proven track record of thought leadership, building consensus, and leveraging relationships to achieve strategic objectives and create an effective data-driven culture
• Ability to independently lead the function with minimal supervision and direction and to effectively translate theoretical concepts into practical, easy-to-understand milestones/activities
• Strong ability to influence at all levels of the organization, including executive management, auditors, employees, customers, and vendors
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity and complex situations
• Strong independent judgment, discretion, critical and analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills required
• Strong executive polish and presence required
• Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, or a related field required
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Backup child care
Child care subsidies
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
With a promise to help its customers Make It, US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 69 broadline locations and more than 80 cash and carry stores, US Foods and its 28,000 associates provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
As a leading foodservice di...