Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of responsibilities are:
• Primary owner of customer relationship
• Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities.
• Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
US Foods has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
• Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (https://e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
• Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
• Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
• Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
• Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.
• No direct reports.
• Internal: District Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, VP of Local Sales, Accounting/Credit Department, Merchandising and Marketing, Operations, and Customer Contact.
• External: Customers, vendors, prospective customers.
• Remote: This role is fully remote, and the associate is expected to perform assigned responsibilities from a home-based environment.
• Frequently outside the office environment working in the field in variable weather and temperature conditions
• 1+ year of sales experience preferred.
• Foodservice industry/culinary/restaurant management/hospitality experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
• Ability to build internal and external relationships and cold call to develop new business.
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Competitive spirit and results driven mentality.
• Problem solving ability / Organization and negotiation skills.
• Team up mentality to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products – Experience using Customer relationship management tools preferred (https://i.e., Salesforce).
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license required & motor vehicle record must be in good standing.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time.
• List the required physical activities including length of time performing each activity referencing the key below.
_OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33 / FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% / CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% or NEVER
JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO: FREQUENCY:_
DRIVE VEHICLE FREQUENTLY,
1-10 lbs (Sedentary) FREQUENTLY,
11-20 lbs (Light) FREQUENTLY,
21-50 lbs (Medium) OCCASIONALLY,
51-100 lbs (Heavy) OCCASIONALLY,
Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) N/A
1-10 lbs (Sedentary) FREQUENTLY
11-20 lbs (Light) FREQUENTLY
21-50 lbs (Medium) OCCASIONALLY,
51-100 lbs (Heavy) N/A,
Over 100 lbs (Very Heavy) N/A,
REACH ABOVE SHOULDER N/A,
GRASP OBJECTS FREQUENTLY,
MANIPULATE OBJECTS FREQUENTLY,
MANUAL DEXTERITY FREQUENTLY
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status