Denver County, CO
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Verizon Location Services (VLS) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
You're an engineer looking for a career where you'll be a part of a team designing, architecting, and building next generation SDKs and applications for the enterprise space. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile devices. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader and you enjoy building solutions to complex problems. You also have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in software development.
- Three or more years of experience building complex mobile applications on the Android platform and have successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience using Java.
- Knowledge of Kotlin.
- Experience with Gradle and the entire Android build pipeline.
- Experience with network/REST APIs, persistent storage, Android services/security requirements, and threading.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred), Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience building frameworks or libraries.
- Experience in iOS development.
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals (i.e., object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, design, problem solving, and complexity analysis).
- Familiarity or experience with encryption at rest and in transit.
- Proficiency in more than one modern object oriented language (e.g., Java, C#, Objective-C, Kotlin, Swift, Python).
- Experience with geospatial APIs or SDKs.
- Familiarity with UML and/or other design tools.
- Proven track record of delivery.
- Strong analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (i.e., coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations).
- Experience delivering mobile applications with support across a wide range of devices/hardware.
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban), OO modeling, web services, unit testing, code review, source control (Git), UNIX, middleware, and databases.
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.