Business Development Partner
New York County, NY
What you’ll be doing...
Primary responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Defining the partnering strategy and combined value propositions of one or more alliance relationships.
- Developing an alliance business plan – including revenue metrics – with stakeholder groups and driving the health and performance of each managed relationship.
- Leading joint initiatives to develop and bring to market joint offerings developed with partnering firms.
- Showcase joint value propositions to build supporters and champions for alliance capabilities across Verizon and partnering firm(s) to foster lead pipeline.
- Bringing various business functions and different levels of management together to ideate, develop, and bring joint solutions to market.
- Developing, negotiating business terms, and overseeing contractual agreements required to support the alliance partnership, solution development, and go-to-market initiatives.
- Closely collaborating with marketing on all necessary branding, collateral development, digital marketing, campaigns, events, web presence, and lead generation activities.
- Aligning partner solution strategy, market strengths, and go-to-market focus with Verizon’s to create high-value solutions that solve critical end-customer business challenges.
- Applying relevant analyst and industry information to identify new areas for partnership growth.
- Driving regular sales cadence with partners to discuss opportunities, gain solution traction, and to address issues to meet sales and customer objectives.
- Overseeing 360 governance (i.e., a formal cadence between executive sponsors) as well as key business stakeholders to align strategic initiatives, remove roadblocks, and drive growth.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ten or more years successfully managing large partnerships and/or global accounts.
- Six or more years of proven business development / alliance management experience.
- Prior sales experience. Experience selling SDN-NFV, wireless, IoT, security, or unified communications desired.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25%, most often related to business meetings, conferences, and industry events.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering or related field.
- The ability to prepare and facilitate impactful presentations to executive stakeholders.
- The ability to produce sound business cases that deliver a compelling financial argument to support investment request.
- Proven business acumen to develop, align, and manage a solid business plan.
- The ability to communicate well with others and skill in influencing internal and partner stakeholders to take action and seize market opportunities.
- Strong understanding of Verizon and partner products, services, solution roadmap and go-to-market.
- The ability to educate Verizon and partner teams about the partnership, value proposition, solutions, sales successes, and how to best engage.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.